Atsign Technology for IoT Security & Simplicity
No Network Attack Surface
No Static IPs or Open Ports
No Costly Security Budget
With Atsign Technology, every device is addressable through an atSign™, enabling end-to-end encrypted outbound device communication.
Atsign Technology: Overview
As IoT (Internet of Things) devices become directly connected to the Internet via cellular, LoRaWAN, Wi-SUN, HaLOW, satellite, or Wi-Fi, better security, especially for the data they generate, becomes critically important. IoT security thinkers, including NIST IoT are working hard to solve this, but we believe that it requires a very different approach:
Instead of managing and protecting attack surfaces, we eliminate them.
Leading or contributing to IoT/OT? See how Atsign tackles key security challenges.
- Cryptographic keys are cut on the edge by the device
- A major attack surface is eliminated by removing the need to directly access the device
- Data is encrypted all the way from the device to the app and is not lost if the device loses connectivity
- All network connectivity is outbound, vastly simplifying network configuration
- Device owners can control which subset of data is sent to whom
Atsign technology provides radical simplification for OT and IoT innovators. We strip things down to the protocol level, creating both zero trust and zero configuration environments – completely without passwords – eliminating all attack surfaces created by over-complexity, and simplifying the administration of devices in the process.
Eliminates the need for physical security devices
- No firewalls required
- No VPNs required
- No open ports, including 22
- Provides data routing hardware lockdown of encryption keys
Makes devices easier to add and administer
- Fewer components required
- No complex administrative tools needed
Allows for dynamic IP addresses
- No longer need to assign static IPs
- Greatly simplifies network administration
Tools & Demos
IoT No Attack Surfaces: SSH No Ports Demo
Create an SSH session on remote devices without
- Configuring static IP addresses
- Installing complex VPNs
- Configuring complex firewalls
- Requiring TCP/IP ports open on device
Zero configuration and Zero attack surface
End-to-end encryption with RSA 4096 SSH session keys
Watch the demo!
Open-Source IoT with Dart and Flutter: The KRYZ Security Solution
The Problem: Radio station KRYZ was hacked by someone who started playing their own music.
The Solution: A Flutter application using the Atsign SDK that provides both security and real-time monitoring for the station.
We encourage you to take a look at the full walkthrough to see this groundbreaking tech for yourself. Better yet, request a demo from the man himself, here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the demo!
ZPE Systems Partners with Atsign to Add Zero Attack Surface Technology to Industry-Leading Infrastructure Management Solutions
This joint solution enables organizations to securely manage network infrastructure from anywhere in the world.
The partnership combines Losant's robust IoT platform with Atsign's security and privacy technology to provide businesses with a highly secure and scalable solution for managing their IoT devices and data.
Atsign honored as 2022 IoT Security Champion by the IoT Security Foundation.
Congrats to our partner, ZARIOT, on their win! Read about how the atPlatform helped them do it.
ZARIOT and Atsign have partnered to provide an important step forward in securing the IoT industry.